Thank you for your interest in holding your wedding at the Sandhills Horticultural Gardens. We are honored that you are considering having such a special event at our facility. Our gardens offer a unique and memorable setting for weddings. However, the nature of the Gardens as a teaching facility mean that there are some rules and regulations that apply to all special events at the Gardens. They are:
- Wedding ceremonies may only take place at two locations in the Gardens themselves – either in the Ceremonial Courtyard (Sir Walter Raleigh - seats 55) or The Green (seats up to 100).
- Chairs, an altar, and catering tables, etc., can be brought in the day of the wedding only. No tents, amplification equipment, etc. are permitted. All equipment must be removed within one hour of the end of the reserved period, the day of the wedding. We do not have staff available for set-up and break-down of chairs, etc.
- Any materials brought in to the wedding site must not block walkways. Walkways must be clear at all times before, during and after the wedding.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind, i.e., champagne, wine, beer, spiked punches or liquor are allowed.
- Confetti, rice, bird seed, etc. are prohibited. The grounds and Gardens should be left in the same condition they were in when you arrived. Do not fill the Garden trash cans with trash from the wedding leftovers.
- Flowers, plants, and benches must not be disturbed or moved. Please insure that your guests treat the facility, especially the Gardens with care.
- Vehicles may not be driven on the Garden grounds for any reason. Cars should be parked in the designated parking lots.
- The facilities are available for weddings from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., Fridays and for a four hour increment from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. We suggest that your wedding be scheduled at a time so as not to interfere with any instructional activities at the college (generally Saturdays and Sundays will be the best to consider scheduling a wedding).
A refundable security deposit of $200.00 will be held and returned to you after the wedding, if there are no damages or changes made to the Gardens and the above rules are followed. A reservation form, accompanied by a check for $500.00, as well as the security deposit (in separate check) made payable to Sandhills Horticultural Gardens should be submitted to:
Sandhills Community College
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
at least four weeks in advance of the date of the wedding to insure your reservation.
NO RESERVATION WILL BE CONSIDERED SECURED UNLESS THE RESERVATION FROM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED AND A CONFIRMED COPY, SIGNED BY THE AUTHORIZED SANDHILLS HORTICULTURAL GARDENS RESPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT.
We suggest a “Rain or Inclement Weather” back up plan for your wedding as we do not have the facilities to house an indoor wedding. If inclement weather occurs on your wedding day, you will be reimbursed the $500.00 donation fee as well as your $200.00 security deposit. You will need to notify Ms. Mabe that your wedding did not take place and you will have to provide a social security number of the person who wrote the check along with a mailing address of that individual to receive a refund of your donation fee.
Note: The G. Victor and Margaret Ball Garden Visitors Center and Gardens are open to the public before, during and after your event. Students will be completing curricular assignments during the weekend. No groups or group programs will be scheduled during the hours of your wedding. Questions or need for further information may be addressed to Ms. Mabe at the above address or (910) 695-3882. Her office is located in Steed Hall, room 114.